Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Timeline assistance...

David Moursund (2003) stated that “because time is usually a critical and limited resource, it is important to develop a timeline that shows how the time resource will be allocated” (p. 51).

I do agree with his idea about timeline; however, I would adjust the concept of timeline with my studying-style and characteristic before creating one.

Timeline is a tool. It has advantages and disadvantages. The most clear advantage, of course, to assist students allocating the time they have. If they didn’t use a timeline, maybe they would slip in their project. I kind of think a timeline as a progress board as well because every time students see their timeline, they will also notice how far the project has gone or which part hasn’t been done.

When I was talking about adjusting with studying-style and characteristic, I wanted to address the disadvantage of timeline which I think very related with those two things. I believe a timeline will become a pressure for students who don’t have a good time management, or those who have bad habit in organizing. If one couldn’t manage his/her time well, he/she would be frustrated each time he/she saw the timeline, and this might result in messy project outcome. Concerning the habit in organization, students who are bad in that would see timeline as a nightmare because before they can create a timeline, they should understand, plan, decide all the tasks they should do for the accomplishment of the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment